Check out these 4 troubleshooting areas:
Troubleshooting tip #1: Is the Writeback backend running?
- The first thing you should check is if the Writeback backend is running properly on the server.
- To check on the service, press ‘ctrl’ + ‘alt’ + ‘delete’ to open the Task Manager and select the Services Tab at the top.
- The name of the service depending on the version of the Writeback will either be qswe-mssql.exe or pomerol-qswe.exe
Troubleshooting tip #2: Are the Connection Properties correct?
- Does the API url point to the correct server and port? Including https?
- Are the Data, Settings, And History Tables correctly configured?
Troubleshooting tip #3: Are there any dimensions added to the Writeback?
- The Writeback needs dimensions included in the object in order for it to load properly.
- The SQL tables for the Writeback need to be set up in advance with the settings configured to a default before it will work properly.
Troubleshooting tip #4: Are all the Certificates and Licensing up to date?
- Sometimes when there is a major update to Qlik Sense they require that their certificates be updated. If you get a ‘QRS Request’ error there is a high likelihood that this is the case.
- Is the licensing past its effective date?
- More information on the licensing can be found in the Writeback commercial agreement.